Bryan Van Epps has extensive creative experience within the direct marketing industry and knows what it takes to create an innovative design presence to get you noticed and successfully implement that design.
As a Creative Art Director, Bryan is known for his unique execution of marketing initiatives — including printed and interactive as well as web-based materials. He has the expertise to manage the appropriate creative resources, writers, photographers and illustrators and oversee an efficient production staff and front-end web developers – taking your project from start to finish.
Bryan has collaborated with senior marketers, search engine optimization experts, product developers,account managers and sales executives to execute highly effective, profitable creative campaigns — on time and within budget.
If your organization is interested in marketing a product or service, Bryan knows that to be more profitable in today’s very competitive marketplace an organization must stand out. From creating a new website to advertisements, brochures or newsletters Bryan Van Epps is your Go 2 Creative Guy.
Background and expertise includes:
- Skilled and dedicated Creative Director/Graphic Artist with more than 20 years experience coordinating, planning and overseeing the completion of projects.
- Outstanding Communication skills – proficiently utilize interpersonal skills in relating with others. Effectively handles difficult situations, negotiates, as well as develops and implements solutions. Proven ability to interact with clients and staff at all levels.
- Highly Focused and results-oriented in supporting complex, deadline-driven operations, able to identify goals and priorities and resolve issues in initial stages.
- Excellent Management skills.
- Exceptional Supervisor – Motivates personnel to increase efficiency, quality of service, and productivity.
- Hard-working, goal-oriented, flexible, and a team player.
- Proficient in both PC & Macintosh hardware and software programs including Quark XPress, Adobe Creative Suite 5, and Microsoft Office.
Freelance Art Director, February 2007 to Present
Customer Service Representative/Driver, Shred-it Connecticut, Cheshire, CT
September 2007 to February 2011
- Responsible for the expedient and secure harvesting and disposal of client materials.
- Perform daily pre- and post-trip truck inspections in conjunction all drivers logs.
Art Director, Lewtan Industries. Hartford, CT
December 2006 to February 2007
- Responsible for the expedient flow of work throughout the department.
- Oversee a creative staff of four (4) designers.
- Create and produce Marketing Support Materials as needed.
- Maintain status reports on all jobs within the department.
Director, Creative Services/Print Media, Vertrue Inc. Norwalk, CT
August 1998 to October 2006
Responsible for the effective creative development and delivery of fulfillment materials, direct mail campaigns and internet sites to support a wide variety of membership programs either by directing a design group or by working independently, based on strategic input from Product staff and/or Client needs.
- Oversee a creative staff of up to 12 Managers and adjunct personnel in terms of design direction, layout and copy from concept through disk preparation.
- Maintain a general working knowledge of the creative status for all products both domestic and international.
- Oversee and provide input to the creative development of all acquisition, retention and testing initiatives, as well as provide support for the Product, Sales, Account, Direct Mail, MemberLink, Wholesale and MemberWorks Corporate departments with presentation, recruitment and other related materials.
- Creative development and delivery of fulfillment materials and direct mail campaigns to support a variety of membership programs.
- Develop and maintain creative department standards for file preparation and release.
- Manage technical issues of the department with a goal of 95% uptime for all systems.
- Establish relationships with outside creative and technical resources in order to obtain and evaluate bids that will ensure the lowest logical cost, quality and delivery deadlines.
Art Director, The BCB Group, Inc., Middletown, CT
February 1997 to August 1998
- Development of creative from initial concept through the production of various business-to-business, direct mail, collateral, promotions and advertising materials.
- Responsible for all of the facets of production, including hi-resolution manipulation, photo shoots, and press approvals
Senior Art Director, Stackpole & Partners, Newburyport, MA
December 1995 to February 1997
- Development of creative from concept through production.
- Creative supervision of all photo shoots.
- Management of creative department and adjunct creative staff.
- Production responsibilities include art and print buying, vendor and resource management.
- Oversee the trafficking of all projects from inception through delivery, while adhering to both internal and client driven deadlines.
Freelance Art Director, October 1995 to December 1995
Art Director / Studio Manager, ColorSystems, Inc., New Britain, CT
January 1995 to October 1995
- Supervised studio personnel, work flow, inventory control, database and systems management.
- Provided creative supervision for all digital photography done both in the studio and on location.
- Extensive client interaction.
Associate Art Director, Mintz & Hoke Inc., Avon, CT
October 1987 to January 1995
- Art direct, design and execute a variety of collateral, direct mail, business-to-business pieces, point of purchase and advertising pieces.
- Photo and layout supervision.
- Designed and implemented creative department procedures to ensure disk prep accuracy.